Senior Paraplanner-Financial Planner
Fisher Investments is one of the world’s fastest growing wealth managers who have one mission; to improve the investment universe for their clients. Established in 1979, Fisher Investments is an independent, fee-only investment adviser, who was named as one of Financial Times’ Top 300 US-based Registered Investment Advisers and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Fisher Investments UK, was recently recognized as ADVFN’s Wealth Manager of the Year. Fisher Investments UK are looking for talented new Paraplanners/financial planners to join its rapidly growing team. The Financial Planning department provides regulated advice to clients and prospects on areas of business such as pension switch/transfers, bond surrenders, investment taxation and other general financial planning areas such as Inheritance Tax Planning and Lifetime Allowance Planning. The advice can be in the form of written recommendations or through verbal communication directly or indirectly with the clients or prospective clients of Fisher Investments.
The core responsibilities for the role are split into two key segments:
New Business Suitability Reports
- Write the advice portion of new business suitability reports. These reports tend to focus on whether the clients existing pension and investments are best suited to meet their retirement goals and objectives.
- The reports are detailed suitability letters that focus on a clients risk profile, personal and financial situation and summary of their existing provision. The advice portion looks at the fees, benefits and flexibility on offer in the current arrangements versus whether the proposed arrangement may meet the clients’ states goals and objectives better.
- The advice is owned by the Senior Paraplanner/Financial Planner, it is not then signed off by an advisor. This is important as the person who will fill this role will have ownership of the advice provided.
Provide Financial Advice to clients of Fisher Investments
- Where clients of Fisher Investments engage the advice services of Fisher Investments UK, it is the Senior Paraplanner/Financial Planner who picks up these requests.
- With a growing client base of clients in various life stages, the requests vary from contribution planning/funding for retirement to managing wealth once accrued using tax allowances to later in life planning such as drawing an income and maximising allowances there and ultimately Inheritance Tax/Estate Planning.
- The advice requests that come from our clients are diverse and the Senior Paraplanner/Financial Planner needs to be able to have a wide range of knowledge and be comfortable addressing a wide range of planning issues.
- University Graduate or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Level 4 Qualification –Diploma in Financial Planning/ Regulated Financial Planning
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Quantitative in nature whilst able to write well qualitatively
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work in a young, dynamic team environment.
- Very strong understanding of Financial Planning principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Fisher Investments is an equal opportunities employer.