As part of the firm’s first in-house translation team, you will be responsible for providing translation services to internal clients across Sales, Service, Research, Content, Marketing, Legal and Compliance, and others. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and support Fisher Investments Europe in our globalisation efforts and communications strategy. You will quickly learn about our business, industry, and writing style as you translate our educational, promotional, and service-oriented content across the markets we operate in. You will be paired up with countries or markets that match your linguistic background and serve as the primary language expert for internal clients across the firm, while playing a pivotal role in our ability to fulfill translation needs.
- Serve as the primary language expert for internal clients and help facilitate all translation-related requests as necessary.
- Develop tone and language style guides for each market you service.
- Develop and maintain terminology bases for your target language.
- Showcase excellent written and verbal communication skills to localise various content types such as financial, marketing, legal and/or educational materials.
- Work within tight deadlines to translate Fisher Investments Europe’s content from English while upholding the house tone of voice.
- Act as a reviewer for specialised materials by editing translated material produced by in-house colleagues and external translation vendors.
- Provide feedback to ensure continuous improvement and learning from external partners.
- Excel in quality management and proofreading.
- Utilize excellent communication skills (verbal and written); including the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the firm.
- Be responsible for translating capital markets related content such as educational brochures, articles, marketing ads, presentations, newsletters and presentations from English.
- Complete translation projects on time and adapt marketing material to ensure the investment content is localised for targeted markets.
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by management.
- Fluency in English coupled with Dutch; experience adapting content for the Flemish market would be a plus.
- Degree in Translation, Linguistics, Communications, or other professional certification related to translation or localisation.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in translation, editing, or content production.
- Experience in the field of finance and capital markets is advantageous.
- Knowledge of CAT tools, TMS technology, and translation practices is beneficial.
- Very detail-oriented, quality-focused, and proactive.
- Highly organised with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A team player with flexibility, creativity and a willingness to take ownership.
Why Fisher Investments Europe:
Fisher Investments Europe is a subsidiary of Fisher Investments, a portfolio management company based in the US. Fisher Investments and its subsidiaries manage over £73 billion in assets for more than 50,000 customers worldwide. The Fisher organisation has a long history of managing global investments and helping investors reach their long-term goals and objectives. The Fisher organisation distinguishes itself by putting clients first, providing world-class service, and taking a personalised approach.
To help our employees meet their long-term goals, we offer an array of benefits, including:
- 100% coverage of the supplemental medical and dental premiums for you and your qualified dependents*
- 28 days annual leave
- Two pension contributions methods to choose from
- Interest-free season tickets available for purchase upon six months of employment**
- Cyclescheme programme
- A supportive, collaborative working environment
- Employee appreciation events
- Ongoing training and educational support
Join a team that’s bringing new approaches to wealth management daily!
FISHER INVESTMENTS/FISHER INVESTMENTS EUROPE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*Employees responsible for taxes
**Available only to regular full-time employees with at least a 12-month contract